- 01223 368786
- 2 Free School Lane (map of this place)
- CB2 3QA
- noon–2:30pm, 5:30pm–11:30pm Mon–Fri; noon–11:30pm Sat; noon–11pm Sun
Greek restaurant on Free School Lane just off Bene't Street.
They advertise a rather impressive array of 152 main courses and 23 starters, covering a variety of cuisines, as well as "a pantheon of divine sweets". You can get a two-course set lunch (including coffee) for £6.25 photo of the list of options. Cheap and cheerful, plus everything comes with chips. Enormous portions for feeding student lad appetites. The Greek and Italian dishes are tasty; the Indian and Chinese somewhat dubious. Has space for large parties (mainly student birthdays) and small alcoves for intimate meals (the impoverished on dates). A vital part of the Cambridge student experience, where undergrads learn that retsina tastes exactly like Dettol. Stick to the ordinary wine and beer.
- Photo of a selection of the menu
- Beer in the Evening comments (although it's not a pub, a fact which a number of commenters point out)
- Itchy Cambridge review
- Local Secrets review
- Press release on Local Secrets
Opening hours and set lunch details taken from signs outside the restaurant, August 2007.