- 01223 471680
- 85 Gwydir Street (map of this place)
- CB1 2LG
- noon–2:30pm, 5:30pm–11pm Mon–Wed; noon–11pm Thu-Sat; noon–10:30pm Sun
- Beer Garden, Belgian Beer, Free WiFi, Good Beer Guide 2004, Good Beer Guide 2005, Good Beer Guide 2006, Good Beer Guide 2007, Good Beer Guide 2008, Good Beer Guide 2009, Good Beer Guide 2010, Good Beer Guide 2011, Good Cider Guide 2005, Good Pub Guide 2003, OpenStreetMap GeoData, Pub Food, Pubs, Real Ale, Real Cider
- Gwydir Street, Mill Road Area, Petersfield
Note: in late 2007, Chris and Debbie Lloyd, who had owned the Cambridge Blue for the previous two decades, retired and sold the pub to Jethro and Terry, who also ran the Carlton Arms.
Non-smoking since before this became the default, the Cambridge Blue also had a No Mobile Phones policy but this seems to have been relaxed under the new management.
Real ale and good homecooked food. Also now has a range of Belgian beer similar to that at the Carlton Arms. Cassels cider available in the summer.
Food is served noon-2pm and 6pm-9pm Mon-Fri, and noon-4pm and 6pm-9pm Sat.
Children permitted in the conservatory until 9pm. Also has a garden which can be accessed via the pub, the side alley or from the cemetery to the rear. Bikes not allowed in the garden, and so must be parked on Gwydir St, which itself has a paucity of bike parking spots, and this can be a problem at peak times e.g. 5.00 p.m on a warm Friday afternoon in early summer.
Have some pictures of the beer garden and beer garden with new extension (summer 2011):
- Fancyapint review
- Beer in the Evening comments
- CrawlPlanner comments
- Cambridge & District CAMRA review, Autumn 1995
- Cambridge Online review
- Ian Kitching's review
- Toothycat review
- Steve D Rice's review
- Another Food Blog review
- Pocket Pubs entry
Opening hours taken from the 2009 Good Beer Guide. Food times taken from the Cambridge Blue website, November 2008.